Monday, April 23, 2012

A Sip of Summer

A couple years ago my friends Tim and Betony were having dinner for a bunch of people. I can't remember what the occasion was, but I definitely remember the drink. The drink was awesome. Sure, there was red wine and fancy craft beer - both of which I love. But Tim gave me a glass of summer that night. Seriously, it was like Summer hitting all my taste buds AND getting me drunk at the same time. 


How could it ever get any better than that?


It can't.


Beware, these are deceptively strong. They don't taste like a whole lot except lemonade and a tiny bit of weak beer, but that's the danger. Apologies for the lack of photos, but I don't want to expose the state of my coffee table or provide proof of how many of these this particular Monday night may contain.


So, here it is - Summer in a Glass, or Drinkable Summer, or A Sip of Summer - whatever you want to call it. 


Best served in a pint glass (the kind you'd use for beer). But, let's be honest, red solo cups work even better.


6 oz light beer
2-3 oz  plain vodka (a decent kind - seriously. No Burnetts!) 
Lemonade to fill (nothing too sweet)
1 Lime wedge


Note: the more vodka you use, the better (or worse) off you will be. I use Bud Light, New Amsterdam Vodka and Simply Lemonade. Mix in a glass with your preferred amount of ice and squeeze in the lime. If you're generous with your ice, you can get 2 drinks out of 1 beer.  Give it a light stir and be taken to the middle of July! 


Tim, you have given me a ton of things since April 2009. A community, a purpose, a soundtrack, a teeny tiny baby friend that is almost 3, this, and more. I thank you for all of them and love you so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jump in! But remember, your first amendment right to free speech does not extend to my private blog.